Sunday, March 31, 2013

Home


We have decided - well Gary has decided ( as it is his choice)  to stay home.
 I am feeling a bit calmer today after some sleep. I packed up most of our stuff from the Hospice yesterday, grabbed the dog and spent the afternoon unpacking. Still not finished sorting but getting there and after having slept for the first time since being home (both of us). I feel a new person.
We have no idea how long this oasis will last and are mindfully living each day. Gary is mindfully watching sports TV and eating chocolate and I am mindfully gardening, housecleaning and cooking. Actually in the last few days that is not quite the truth as my mind has been frantic. Not really with too many thoughts of future or past but with what I needed to do.  I am starting to chill again and intend making some Art this afternoon. It will put me back in the Zone .
 Grateful grateful for more unexpected time. And spectacular weather.Everyone keeps talking about the amazing summer, but it has passed us by and I havnt been in it at all.
We are at home with an O2 concentrator and spare bottles for car trips, but other than meds (which are now simpler than before) its not too complicated. The one thing I shall have to start doing is asking for help when I need it. Gary is great at asking for help but not me.I tend to be a Donkey and just do it. But the expression it takes a Village passed by me three time yesterday and that is a sure sign for me to listen.
It is always hard to know when it is time to ask though. Often when I need it it is an awkward time and the moment passes quickly. But I shall pay attention.

12 comments:

  1. Nice to hear you are home, I went for a bike ride this evening and came back past your place (no hills on the low road, suits me fine) so I was wondering about you both. I was thinking too that the summer weather will have passed you by in many ways, because we experience it differently down the bay eh. Sometimes when I would look out at an expansive pretty evening sky I would pretend you and Gary could see it through my eyes too. Happy Easter,x. And send a text - for a cuppa or help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. welcome home ...here's to more relaxed days in your own space. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds great Kat! I hope you'll take some time to just enjoy that fantastic view as well as all that clearing and cleaning? We've all been fishing and hunting and gathering - we've all caught nice big Waitaki salmon this season. We dug 100 kilos of potatoes this weekend - our annual potato gathering! It's windy here but the sun is out. Love to you both. Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 100 kilos awesome work!!! what kind? and do you have a root cellar...michael may need to dig one?

      Delete
  4. :-D. thanks for all wishes above.It feels such luxury to be here and do stuff when I want to.I am remembering how my house works,at present bumping into things quite alot as there wasn't much to negotiate at he hospice.Have made great tomato relish and bad strawberry Jam..very sad will have to reboil and bottle.Planning on T sauce and indian pear chutney this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey there you two, Have thought of you many times over easter. We have been camp parents at the kids easter camp. This really just means we have enough grey hair (or not much hair in Rich's case) to be responsible and represent another generation. I'm glad you are home. Your view and space enables deep breathing. I'm glad Jesus is with you and I'm grateful for the prayers I get to say for you. Enjoy each other and time slowed. love you. Nic and Rich xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes hurrah for the goodness of Easter.Always knew you and Rich would one day grow up to be camp parents.Zach has just come home from Easter camp and will a leader next year which he is excited about. (makes me smile inside)

      Delete
  6. I am so happy to read this updated news, we all did a bit of a "hoorah" in the office this morning! Such a wonderful way to return from Easter break... enjoy the peace, pets, each other and the sunshine. xxx Kristy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristy! We are doing a few hoorahs too. Went to the hospice today, cleaned up room and got discharged to the community team. Felt good. I am thinking the only people not happy about this will be the insurance company.

      Delete
  7. Good to hear you are in residence, and the flag is up. Always happy to lend a hand, and please just contact me. Ted off back to Welly tomorrow, and Clare and Joe having a good time in the snowy UK

    ReplyDelete
  8. Was Mango brave getting his stitches out?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes I was very proud of his good manners. Although I have to say at this point that I took them out. He just looked at me and didn't move at all.

    ReplyDelete

Hi I love to receive comments and will endevour to reply either on this page or your blog.Kat