Friday, June 21, 2013

Courage

Susannah Conway interviews Brene Brown


I was sent a link two weeks ago to Susannahs blog and clicked through again today to have a look..her book was recommended and I will order a copy. It is called 'This I know' .
 I clicked and listened to the first chapter..she has it nailed. What she says is what I am thinking, saying and writing. Her partner died 7 years ago I don't know the details as I havnt got there yet , but how she talks about grief post the death is so well done.
She also has a link on her page that offers a free workbook for the year and one of the questions in it, was to pick a word for the year.
I picked Courage.
It has been sitting with me for a while now in various forms and I think it will be a word for a life time. While thinking on that, I then decided that picking Courage  wasnt very creative of me. But what I was doing was limiting myself in my head with my idea of what courage actually is.
I then came across this interview while pondering and clicked on it. Brene is worth listening too.

What she says about courage
" The root of the word courage is cor—the Latin word for heart. In one of its earliest forms, the word courage literally had a very different definition than it does today. Courage originally meant “To speak one’s mind by telling all one’s heart.” Over time, this definition has actually changed, and today, courage is synonymous with being heroic or performing brave deeds"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi I love to receive comments and will endevour to reply either on this page or your blog.Kat